It combines the ability to produce an abrasive blasted finish with the high mobility and flexibility of a specialized hand-held tool. Our professional bristle blasting service will easily and effectively remove corrosion, mill scale, coating, and other contaminant, with a final result which will outperforms other power tool procedures.
WHY SHOULD WE USE BRISTLE BLASTING?
- Creates a surface cleanliness to near white metal blast cleaning as achieved by grit blasting
- Suitable for use on a variety of substrates including metals, rubbers and plastics
- Ideal for spot repairs, weld seam preparation and profiling
- Generate an anchor profile up to 4.7 mils
- Low power requirements
- Minimal loss of base material
- Low vibration levels and sound pressure
- Environmentally friendly (grit free process), it does not use or produce hazardous materials and no additional waste.
- Improve the surface integrity and free of thermal damage and heat marking
BRISTLE BLASTING IS IDEAL FOR:
- Removing Pipeline Wrapping and Coatings
- Removing Rust and Fillet Weld Cleaning
- Weld Seam Cleaning
- Removing Epoxy Coatings
Bristle blasting application is also designed to suit many different industries, including oil and gas, pipeline constructions and repairs, wind energy, shipbuilding and repairs, bridges and steel constructions, petrochemical and refineries, rail and infrastructures, power industry, and water and waste water industry.
The technique is using the bristle tips to strike the corroded surface with kinetic energy that is equivalent to Abrasive Grit Blast, as a result, it will generate a texture and visual cleanliness that imitates the Abrasive Grit Blasting process. After the bristle tips strike the surface, they retract (“rebound”) from the surface, which results in both corrosion removal and micro-indentation that exposes fresh surface.